Sunday, October 14, 2012

I will take the long way home... (Part 2)

The week I was in Michigan just happened to be the week of the DeKalb County Free Fall Fair. And if you live around here you're used to the fact that life usually just stops for a week and we all go to the fair. Well, I was in MI so I took vacation Friday of that week and the first week of October. We went to the Fair Friday night and again Saturday morning for the Parade.

Emma getting ready to fish for a shark.

Aiden trying to make sense of the whole thing.

Aiden's new Scooby Doo hat.



Saturday morning:

Uncle Kirby, Aiden at the wheel and Emma.



The Waterloo Fire Dept. Model A

Aiden and BopBop.

What the parade looks like from the Model A.

"What is my Dad doing?" FYI, that's 3 generations in the front seat of that truck.

FIRE DOG! The kids love Fire Dog!


After the parade it was off to the rides for Emma. I have a lot of pictures but I won't bore you with them all.




Butterfly face painting that was done at Jeremiah's Brewed Awakenings.


The following week we bought Emma a real bike. I found it on Craigslist for $10.

When you buy your daughter a $10 bike off Craigslist you know it's going to look like this real soon.

But I got it painted, greased, decorated and back together all in the same chilly day. You can't see her face but she loves it!

Later in the week Emma and I went to see Uncle Duane and Aunt Kari at Emma Warehouse where we cashed in our store credit and got a bunch of goodies - some of which we needed, some we didn't. We did get new black tires for her bike.

Emma trying on a farmer hat. I was tempted but, no, we did not buy it.

We took a random back country way home where we found a heard of bison in a field right near the road.

That Saturday we went back to Lagrange for Corn School (their fair.)

Emma and her cousin Alayna on the spaceships.

Emma and a random little boy on the spaceships. They both wanted to ride in the blue and there were two but the other had a broken cylinder so they shared.

And after what was more or less two whole weeks off I had to go back to work. It's hard to count the three days of class in Michigan as "work" because I like learning and it really was fun. So this last week was madness after being gone from work for so long. Who knew... they actually need me there?


No comments:

Post a Comment